Momoh Kadiri, LL.M (London), FCIArb
Momoh is the Managing Partner at Mitchell Simmonds. He is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales; his practice focuses on dispute resolution, particularly commercial litigation and arbitration in various commercial sectors such as oil & gas/energy, construction and engineering projects, shipping, international trade and company/corporate (shareholder/M&A). Momoh holds a Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree in Commercial and Corporate Law from Queen Mary University of London, and he is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London. Momoh is a highly skilled and trained dispute resolution specialist and has attended advanced courses in the field of commercial dispute resolution, including a residential course on international investment law and arbitration at the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law, University of Cambridge. Momoh has also been awarded a diploma certificate in international arbitration by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London. Some of Momoh's recent representative experience is summarised below: - Read More.'
- Representing parties in on-going ICC arbitration seated in London in respect of failed construction and infrastructure projects in Nigeria.
- Obtained judgment and specific performance for Claimant entity in London High Court litigation involving a company’s director in a shareholder dispute arising from a joint venture agreement concerning a special purpose company.
- Representing Claimants in ongoing contested litigation concerning the interpretation of the parties' beneficial entitlement concerning a trust deed.
- Successful enforcement of an ICC arbitration seated in London against a sovereign West African state.
- Obtained court-related final charging order and third-party debt orders, against defendant's assets within the English jurisdiction, in aid of arbitration enforcement.
- Obtained multiple and concurrent arbitration enforcement orders against a sovereign state, its embassy, state-controlled entities, and related third party banks.
- Successfully resisted and defeated costs related to an application/argument against a leading international law firm and its client at a contested High Court hearing in London.
- Successful registration of an ICC arbitration award as a judgment of the English court, paving way for successful enforcement and recovery.
- Ongoing representation of an international logistics company in London High Court litigation proceedings against a leading international logistics entity, in relation to claims for payment of hire and ancillary charges, based on English law of contract of carriage for movement of cargo along the Ural Caspian Canal.
Paul Bugden, FCIArb - Of Counsel
Arshad Ghaffar, FCIArb, LL.M (Cambridge) - Of Counsel
Michael Gleeson, MA (Cambridge) - Of Counsel